Joel Murphy and Lars don’t have much to look forward to in their lives, but the one day every year that is marked on their calenders with smiley faces is September 19 – International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Not only is it a day that they get to call up their friends and shout “Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!” but it is also an excuse for them to call the world’s most lovable pirate, Mark “Cap’n Slappy” Summers.
Cap’n Slappy, along with his friend Ol’ Chumbucket, created International Talk Like a Pirate Day. So this week, the boys bring Slappy on the show for the third straight year to find out how he will be celebrating. They also follow up on his trip to Alaska for last year’s TLAPD and find out what he has been up to since his last visit.
Why is Cap’n Slappy so awesome? Does he really have the voice of an angel? Can he get Joel and Lars back on track after they managed to screw up a day in paradise? The answers to these questions and more are in this week’s show.
- Hobo Radio 199 – Talk Like a Pirate Day 2011
- Hobo Radio 99 – Talk Like a Pirate Day 2009
- Hobo Radio 61 – International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Getting to Know … International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Murphy’s Law – Mamas, don’t let your babies grow up to be pirates