Of all the villains that Stetson-sporting U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens has squared off against on Justified, none have been as fascinating, brilliant or unnerving as Mags Bennett. Margo Martindale came into the show in season two and, like a true force of nature, completely dominated the series, eventually earning an Emmy for the role.
She has a new film out on DVD and Blu-ray called Scalene, so we took the opportunity to sit down with Martindale to discuss her award-winning role, her experience working with Clint Eastwood and life after Justified. It’s a chat as pleasant as one of Mags’ Apple Pies.
[To read the print version of this interview, click here.]
This week’s music:
- Intro – “Giddy Up” by Tahuna Breaks
- End – “November Night” by Jakob Martin
Listen to more audio interviews here:
- One on One with Margo Martindale
- Boob Tube Breakdown – Justified: The best two pumps of your life
- Boob Tube Breakdown – Justified: Everybody wants to rule the world
- One on One with James Morrison
- Justified – What a tangled web we weave