Joel Murphy and Lars spent their formative years in the 1990s – an era of grunge music, flannel shirts and mosh pits. As members of the “hangout generation,” they both admit to having a feeling of general unrest and unfocused angst. This week they discuss how this has effected them and their fellow 90s children.
The duo also poke a few holes in The Dark Knight Rises, discuss a bizarre movie conceit involving foreign characters and speak to the importance of keeping a nicely-manicured lawn (which may or may not be a metaphor).
How many useful foreign phrases do Joel Murphy and Lars know? How much peer pressure did they face as kids? Can Joel pull off a Bane impression? The answers to these questions and more are in this week’s podcast.
This week’s music:
- Intro – “Giddy Up” by Tahuna Breaks
- End – “Walk Away” by The Bolts
- Hobo Radio 176 – Shaking hands with Mr. Wiener
- Hobo Radio Puppet Theatre Presents: Questioning Bane’s Accent
- Outside of the In-Crowd – Tied to the 90s
- Outside of the In-Crowd – Orange Skanks killed the Video Star
- Murphy’s Law – Where did the Joseph Gordon-Levitt Batman rumor come from?