From the Harry Potter franchise to Star Wars to countless comic book movies making bank at the box office, nerdy things are cool these days. But, as Lars keeps finding out, that doesn’t quite mean being a nerd is cool. He finds that people bait him into questions about nerdy things like Star Wars, then accuse him of being too nerdy for going into too much detail about those things. This week, he and Joel discuss this strange phenomenon.
The dynamic duo also explain how Hobo Radio Puppet Theatre, the new feature that debuted on Monday, came to be. From inception to puppet construction to going to a secondhand store to buy baby clothes suitable for their puppet doppelgangers to wear, they explain how this ridiculous idea became a reality.
Is Björk the David Lynch of music? How did Joel end up watching the Kidney Thieves? What does Lars consider third place? The answers to these questions and more are in this week’s podcast.
This week’s music:
- Intro – “Giddy Up” by Tahuna Breaks
- End – “Step Outside” by The Quinn Hedges Band
- Hobo Radio 275 – Baltimore Joe
- Hobo Radio 57 – Sax appeal
- Hobo Radio 244 – Now with more Ethan
- Hobo Radio 279 – The Death Pube
- Hobo Radio 237 – James hates Tyler Perry