While the life of a rock star is a glorious one, the life of a comedian isn’t quite as grand. Even famous comedians at the top of their game are still forced to spend their tours driving around in cramped rental cars in small towns playing tiny, smoky clubs. It’s a stressful and solitary existence at times.
Joel Murphy and Lars talk about the lives of comedians on this week’s show. They also talk about one comedian in particular – Patton Oswalt – who is having an incredibly noteworthy week. They also discuss accents, David Lynch movies and a variety of nerdy topics.
Why is Patton Oswalt so great? What restaurant did David Lynch force Mel Brooks to meet him at for a business meeting? Would Daniel Day-Lewis be the best Bane ever? The answers to these questions and more are in this week’s podcast.
This week’s music:
- Intro – “Giddy Up” by Tahuna Breaks
- End – “Treadmill” by Jupiter Vinyl
- Hobo Radio 264 – Let’s get weird
- Hobo Radio 242 – Hollywood’s cabal announces their Oscar nominations
- Hobo Radio 209 – Boys don’t cry
- Hobo Radio 268 – Comic book legend Dennis O’Neil
- Murphy’s Law – Everybody’s got a price